Friday, August 20, 2010

Hexie Progress

I really haven't been working on my hexies as much as I would have liked. My sewing focus has been elsewhere lately... Plus, with school starting back up, I've had to start waking up far earlier than I had been all summer long, and it's killing me! By eight o'clock I can't stop yawning and my motivation for pretty much anything is non-existent.


Here's my hexie mess. My little coloring sheet is completely crumpled, and scribbled all over. I made that zipper pouch for my loose hexagons, but I still have too many for it to be able to close...


I've sewn 215 together out of 367. It looks better to me in this picture than in person. Maybe I'm just too close to it when I'm sewing on it, and can't quite see the whole picture.


And this is something I just felt compelled to try. Tiny 1/2" hexies. They're sometimes a little hard to handle, because they're so small, but I think they'll look amazing once they're all sewn together. I'll probably make them into a throw pillow or something.

Well that's all for now. Later!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, Caitlin! What are you going to do with your itty bitty hexes?

    ReplyDelete