Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
I have a new foot that helps me to do lots of curvy stuff, so I'm practicing with it.
Decided to try stitching hexies down with it. I didn't applique them on... didn't even sew them together. I just took the paper out, snipped the basting stitches, ironed each of them well, shot them with some spray adhesive and went to town.
I'm not too disappointed with it. I think next time, I'll use my walking foot or maybe a zipper foot to outline them (stitch just inside the hexagon to sew them down individually) one at a time.
Mostly this little experiment was to play around with my new foot.
I got the #55 leather roller foot from Jamie at Bernina. Love it.
I realized tonight after doing a bit of online research that I should've moved the needle over so that it sews RIGHT next to the wheel. Will try again tonight that way.
Might even play around with some hexies, too!